Wednesday, March 17, 2010

News From the Panamaniacs. Andrea Crowley

Panamanians! J 2010
Well the adventure has truly begun! Not quite the same as the Olympics perhaps, but for me, just as exciting!
Our trip began Friday night waiting in the San Francisco Airport for our flight that will come at 12:20 pm. Our flight had been delayed so we waited for a few hours.
Then our connecting flight in Houston, Texas was also a waiting trip until 9:30 am. Then we were going to Panama!
We arrived in Panama City, at 2:00 their time; however, our luggage did not! But we clung to the hope that they would arrive at 8:00 that evening. We hopped in our rental car and drove off! Arriving at Delores’ house, we then met with Edwin. (He’s the guy who is letting us use his school to do our classes.) We got our tour of the school. (It’s a great building!) I was then invited that evening to join Edwin and his family to go to a small roller coaster park! It was fun, though I must say there are several safety regulations that the U.S. would have a fit over!
I got back with the unfortunate news that they did not have our luggage! So we had to make do and go to church without clean clothes. (In hot, humid weather, might I add.)
After a good church service we had Subway, making yet, another connection with the manager of that Subway. She was excited to come to the English classes. After eating we went to the airport for yet, another try at the luggage. They had it!!! They had our luggage! I never realized how great a big black bag looked as I saw it coming down the walkway! But God works in mysterious ways, yes we lost our luggage, but we made connections with one of the security ladies and invited her to the English classes! And we invited a man to the classes because he helped us with our battery in the car.
Last night, we met with our future students! I am teaching a Basic class which is for those who know zero English. As well as the regular classes, so a full two weeks for me as well as a lot of us! I have thirty-seven students for basic and five students for the regular classes! I am sooo excited!!! Today is the first day! Please pray for me and the rest of us that we let God guide us one Panamanian step at a time!
Love you all!
God Bless! <3
~ Andrea Crowley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great adventure! Thinking of you and praying for you every day!

Anonymous said...

WOW, sounds like things started with a bang!!! God knows what he's doing:) I'm excited about your class. What a blessing!! You are in our prayers daily. Keep us updated.
Kari