Friday, August 14, 2009

Sarah and Team 1 are coming home!








Man, the past 2 weeks flew by so fast! We had both the teams meet here at Delores’ house at 8:30am. We ate cereal and visited about how the impact of being here in Panama has been on Soldados de Cristo. It was an emotional discussion for our team. We have such strong feelings about our mission in Panama . It was difficult to hold back the tears. Just thinking about all the new friends and good times we have had with our Panamanian friends makes it so difficult for us to leave. We have also become close to Delores. She is like a grandma to us. What a way to serve the Lord by opening her home to us. She is such a giving person and we are going to miss her truly. Our team talks about how we are going to readjust to the United States culture, since we’ve adapted to the culture here in Panama . I’m sure we will manage, but we’ll always think of the ways of Panama . For me, today was my last LST day. I was spiritually and emotionally saddened to think of me flying away and leaving my team and my new friends here. I have gathered all my readers’ emails and have promised to keep in touch with them. These relationships are so precious to me. I will always remember my readers and all we have talked about. My last reader of the day, Joaquin (17 yrs.) said, “Sarah, please don’t leave.” At that point, my eyes were full of tears. I just stood up and gave him a hug goodbye and wished him luck with whatever he does in life. As he walked away, I just sat in my chair in silence and cried to myself. We really do mean a lot to these students. We don’t only care for them, but they care for us too. Thank you God for allowing me to experience you these past 2 weeks. For Jaclyn, it was difficult to say goodbye to her last reader of the day. They have discussed many things, other than how to speak English, during their LST sessions. This reader cares about Jaclyn so much, that he said a prayer for her in Spanish before he left. It touched the deepest part of Jaclyn’s heart. They also exchanged emails and promised to keep in touch. This evening, we were invited to a reader’s house. Jaclyn & I went and listened to Christian play the guitar, eat Panamanian food, and just be together having fun. Terry had gone to a bible study with Delores, and then came to pick us up at 10:00pm. My reader, Maritza, got Jaclyn & I a few gifts from Panama . We loved them! No one wants us to leave. They told us all to come back soon. Man, goodbyes are so hard. But, sometime, it has to be said. For me, I thank the Lord for allowing me the opportunity to come and do mission work in Panama , and to grow closer to others and Him. I was so blessed by these last 2 weeks. My flight leaves at 7:00am. Pray for my safety and that God ease my hurt that I am having because I’m leaving. See you all soon! Goodnight...

With Christian Love,

Sarah

No comments: