Saturday, October 08, 2005

Tears

Tears.

My daughter Maya was at the computer yesterday and while she was working on it, she suddenly turned it off, closed it up, and ran crying to Mommy. Yvonne asked her what she was crying about and she blubbered, "I miss my Daddy and sometimes I think he's not coming back." That broke my heart. The thought of her tears flowing for me just makes me want to be home sooner.

I needed a break from it all so I went to New Orleans to pick up the rest of the crew. It seemed like a good idea. Drive down Interstate 12, blast the tunes, and clear my head. I was thinking about nothing in particular...about 20 miles down the road, out of nowhere, I just started to cry.
The tears wouldn't stop. Uncontrollable tears for about 5-10 minutes and then they were gone.

Our Lord cried for us. It seems only right that we do the same for others.

Glen

No comments: